Our Current Openings
Mayson-Dixon Strategic Consulting (MDSC), with offices in Baltimore and Bowie, Maryland is a strategic consulting firm that provides clients with innovative and creative public / community affairs, communications, and fundraising strategies that engage a wide variety of audiences. We are strategic in our thought process and our political, government, nonprofit, and corporate clients typically overlap and are helpful to one another.
MDSC combines research and robust legislative / regulatory expertise to create fully custom public affairs strategies for each of our clients. We create solutions at the intersection of corporate governance and business planning to reduce the risk your organization faces in today’s challenging environment.
- Government relations consulting
- Policy and issue management
- Corporate governance consulting
- Corporate and social responsibility plans
- Community engagement plans and execution
- Strategic communications advice
- Crisis management
- Strategic political and non-profit giving
- Candidate will develop and execute detailed, strategic plans and budgets for cultivating client relationships with community groups, business leaders, and government officials.
- Develop and expand relationships with community leaders and media representatives.
- Support marketing initiatives and represent clients at events.
- Strong writing skills and ability to develop and implement strategic outreach plans, briefing memos, and client reports are a must.
- Work may exceed 40 hours per week depending on the needs of the clients.
- Some out of state travel will be required.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
To apply, please send a resume + cover letter along with a minimum of two writing samples via the submission button below.
Senior Research Associate
Mayson-Dixon is a full service political consulting firm offering direct mail, communications and messaging strategy, and fundraising services. We are currently looking to fill the role of Senior Research Associate. This position will work out of our offices located in Bowie and Baltimore, MD.
- Managing research for finance
- Direct mail operations for campaigns ranging from County Council to Congress and independent expenditures
3+ years research experience required
Mayson-Dixon offers a competitive salary and benefits, plus the opportunity to join an exciting firm undergoing expansion. We are an equal-opportunity employer and a proud member of the National Association of Diverse Consultants.
To apply, please send a resume + cover letter via the submission button below.
Mayson Dixon Strategic Consulting is hiring a Development Associate to work with its roster of non-profit clients in support of their fundraising efforts. The Development Associate serves under the Assistant Vice President of Fund Development but will operate with a high degree of independence, keeping supervisors informed of progress on projects and assignments and unanticipated issues that may arise, and making recommendations for actions and solutions in support of our clients. Completed work is reviewed for soundness of overall approach and conformance with company standards and expectations.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Managing and coordinating fund-raising projects on behalf of MDSC clients. These may include:
Social and/or digital media projects
- Working closely with clients and MDSC in establishing and creating themes, goals, deadlines, lists, content, and collateral as needed.
- Prospecting, establishing, managing, growing, and leveraging relationships with corporations, foundations and individuals from who funds are sought on behalf of MDSC clients for various campaigns, programs, and projects.
- Managing relationships with clients to establish and ensure clear communication practices, set appropriate expectations and work successfully with staff and stakeholders.
- Representing the standards of MDSC in public at events, with clients, and with prospects.
- Excellent presentation/communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- The ability to ask people for money
- A desire to take initiative and the ability to do so
- The ability to work independently
- An ability to work in both Baltimore and Bowie regularly
- Political campaign and/or non-profit experience not necessary but welcomed
- Willingess to travel locally as needed during the work day
- The ability to learn quickly
- Research skills
- Creative skills and experience in producing innovative deliverables
- Familiarity with technology including but not limited to:
Microsoft Office Suite
Internet research tools
Graphic design skills a plus
Photo and/or video editing skills a plus
- A flexible schedule!
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Evidence of stick-to-it-iveness
- Unimpeachable references
- A bachelor’s degree
Mayson-Dixon offers a competitive salary and benefits, plus the opportunity to join an exciting firm undergoing expansion. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply, please send, in separate PDF documents, a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples via the submission button below. Please write MDSC Development Associate in the subject field.
Mid-Senior Level Graphic Designer – Contract Position
Mayson-Dixon Strategic Consulting — a business development and public affairs firm that specializes in strategic planning for government agencies, non-profits, political leaders, and community developers. Our hands-on, creative approach based on research, data, and partnerships helps us achieve results for our clients. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player. They must be reliable, capable of working independently, and possess a positive attitude and work ethic. We are looking for bright, creative Freelance designers that can hit the ground running to join us through our 2018 election cycle (March – June.) You will need to modify existing designs or edit work that is in process, and be able to create original ideas and concepts. The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment is required. You will be expected to produce multiple pieces of direct mail daily. Typical longer than normal work week that could include weekends. *Must be available to work from our Baltimore office.*
- Understanding of typography, composition, layout, color, image formats, and interactivity impact design
- Proficient in Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, MS Word, Excel
- Mac proficient
- Excellent typography skills
- Graphic Design degree or equivalent experience with top-notch portfolio
- 4-7+ years experience working in a print design environment
- Must be available for entire contracted time
If interested, please submit a resume + cover letter + portfolio link (or PDF samples) via the submission button below:
Mayson-Dixon Strategic Consulting — a business development and public affairs firm that specializes in strategic planning for government agencies, non-profits, political leaders, and community developers. Our hands-on, creative approach based on research, data, and partnerships helps us achieve results for our clients. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player. They must be reliable, capable of working independently, and possess a positive attitude and work ethic.
- developing and implementing fundraising strategies for races ranging from County Council to Congress and independent expenditures
- Candidate will write campaign finance plans, manage call time, organize fundraising events and develop online fundraising strategies
- 2+ years prior fundraising experience
- Ability to create and implement email fundraising plans required
If interested, please submit a resume + cover letter via the submission button below:
Summer Associate (Unpaid Internship)
Mayson-Dixon is a business development and public affairs firm that specializes in strategic planning for government agencies, non-profits, political leaders, and community developers. Our hands-on, creative approach based on research, data, and partnerships helps us achieve results for our clients and enhance the bottom line. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player. They must be reliable, capable of working independently, and possess a positive attitude and work ethic. The ideal candidate will have an interest in non-profit, political, and campaign finance. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the subject area from top to bottom, and will complete this program ready to enter any fast-paced public affairs or business development firm with an exemplary skillset. It is essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication and basic mathematic skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
- Complete donor research
- Staff client call-time
- Assist with administrative duties: data entry, scanning, and filing
- Elected official, constituent and community outreach
- Attend meetings and events with company staff, clients, public officials and community leaders
- Assist with project research by providing information about project history, individuals involved, and relevant case studies
- Track local and congressional races
- Intern will have the opportunity to interact and network with high ranking organization officials, candidates, and elected officials
- Intern will have the opportunity to express their creativity in a professional setting
- Intern has the option to work out of one of our offices (located in Bowie or Baltimore)
- Must be a current student in good standing
- Must own personal laptop computer
- Must have their own personal transportation
- Basic understanding of Microsoft applications
- Ability to work 10-15 hours a week
If interested, please submit a resume + cover letter via the submission button below: